Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Reading Conundrum

Having trouble figuring out what to read this summer?  I found this cool flowchart through Shelf Awareness, courtesy of teach.com.  Check it out:
My summer reading began with Swamplandia!.  But I have to be honest, I cannot get into it.  I’m a little less than halfway through it and am so tempted to stop and move on to another novel.  I make it a rule to not give up on a book, even if doing so is torture, I always finish a book.  Now, as a super busy mom with a full-time job and a strict writing schedule, it may be time to nix that rule.  I don’t have time to waste on a book I don’t enjoy.   
Do you finish a book, even if you aren’t enjoying it?  How many chances do you give a novel before you give it the boot?  Or are you a reading soldier, trudging along each agonizing sentence until the last word, never giving up? 
I look forward to reading your personal philosophy on finishing novels!  Happy reading and writing!

6 comments:

  1. There's that word..."trudge"! I'm a trudger. If I start a book, I MUST finish it so I'm kinda picky when I get them. I only read things that come recommended and even then it depends on who's doing the recommending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...maybe that's what I need to do, be a little more picky when choosing what to read. That's good advice! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah I always finish it. Which is why I'm almost done reading the entire Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. I swear that's why...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so fun! I love flowcharts like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I bet it would be fun creating one too! :)

      Delete

My trusty grammar source: